This month's Drupal news in South Africa:
1. The DrupalCape group will be meeting on Wednesday 31 August, 18:00 at the Bandwidth Barn. The theme of the Meetup is Usability, with Marco Pretorius as the guest speaker.
2. The Joburg group is meeting on Wednesday 7 September (always the first Wednesday of the month). Robin will be talking about Responsive Theming, using Omega.
3. A Drupal Q & A session will be held in Joburg on 14 September. This is a chance for newcomers to Drupal to get answers to their questions in an informal environment. Space is limited.
Two sites were submitted to the drupal.co.za Showcase page in August - if you've finished any Drupal sites recently, be sure to post yours to share with the community. Have a look at Umsizi and RealStart .
1. DrupalCon London is in full swing. Videos from the event are available on their site, and we look forward to hearing how it went from those attending. The next one will be held in Denver, Colorado in March, if you're the type who likes to plan ahead.
2. The date for this year's Joburg DrupalCamp has been confirmed for 5 November. The venue and other details will be released over the next few week, but the date is set in stone. So remember, remember the 5th of November!
3. There will be some representatives from the Drupal community at the Software Freedom Day in Joburg/Pretoria on 17 September. Details should be posted to the their site.
Tip for the month
The wide variety of modules available is what really gives Drupal it's power and flexibility. To see what everyone else is using, check out the Most downloaded list from drupalmodules.com and see how many of the Top 20 you're familiar with.
If you have some interesting news that you'd like to share with the rest of the South African Drupal community - we'd love to hear it - mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll include it in next month's issue.
Enjoy the fast approaching Spring!